What We Believe
1. God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, created all things and has given us His inspired and inerrant Word in the Bible that is centered on the salvation He has given us in Jesus Christ.
2. Adam and Eve were our first parents who were created holy, in God’s image. They chose to disobey God’s command in the Garden of Eden and brought sin into the world. Ever since then all people have been born in sin and separated from God.
3. But God, out of His great mercy and love, sent His Son Jesus into the world through the Virgin Mary. He is both true God and true man who lived a perfect life and died an innocent death on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. He rose again three days later to give us the hope of everlasting life and victory over the grave.
4. No amount of good works or pious living will get us to heaven but only faith in Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection brings salvation.
5. God continues to be present and active in our midst through His Word and through His Means of Grace, baptism and communion. Through baptism we are adopted into God’s family and we receive the forgiveness of sins and the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38). In communion we receive His true body and blood for the strengthening of our faith and the forgiveness of sins (Mt 26:26-28).
6. God has knit us together in His body the church to receive these gifts and to serve the world in love.
For more information check out "Belief and Practices" of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod by clicking here.